Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day :)

Happy Mothers Day to all you Moms our there. I know have a small taste of what you all have been going through since the creation of childeren!! I bow down to all the hard work and dedication it takes to be a Mom, and celabrate all those special moments with our childeren.

I've been having so much fun with Heather. She and I are very much alike and we always have a great time together even though we only get to visit every few years. She wanted to go out and try some good sushi so we went to one of my favorite places--Hiro Sushi right here in our own small town. I think they have very good food and we all enjoyed our dinners the other night. We had some octopus and some scallops, yes all raw, and both were delicious. Heather was a little embarassed to tell me how much she wanted to go to eat sushi because she comes from a very small town in Ohio that does not really have much in the way of exotic fare, but she had nothing to worry about with me...trying new food is sort of a hobby and I always want to try something new when I go some place I have never been before.

I was running around this morning getting ready for chruch and when we go to church Eric says to me, "didn't you notice the cards and flowers on the table?". I felt bad, he had put effort into surprising me with my cards and flowers from Hannah and he and I didn't even see them. I laughed at myself and apologized to him, and in typical Eric form he really didn't mind, but was excited to come home and have me see it all. He's such a sweet heart. I got cards from Hannah, Eric, the dogs and the cats-- yes that's right, it's become a silly tradition in our family. When Eric and I got married I found a pet adoption form in a card shop and filled it out and stamped Zeke's and Buddy's paw prints at the bottom. Eric was 'officially' their 'dad', and he has the documents to prove it. Thus started our tradition and I enjoy it, though I do get comments every now and then from people who think it's dumb. LOL, but I don't care...it's our thing and it's just one small thing that makes us smile and put effort into our relationship a few extra times a year. Whatever works right?

I'm on a rollercoaster of emotion lately. I'm now back on the pill and it's really doing a number on me. I hope things even out soon, because I don't know how I can keep from snapping at Eric for much longer. I've just been on edge with the smallest things lately with him, I guess you do hurt the one's you love the most....boy do I ever have to edit my words sometimes, even when I don't want to.

I'm tired so this is going to be short. I'll get back in the next few days.

No comments: