Thursday, December 27, 2007

My Christmas and Other Stuff

I really need to start blogging more often. But my excuse is that this Christmas has been the busiest, craziest one ever. I mean E-V-E-R!! I don't really care to analyze why, but it just has been. Even Eric seems to think it was unusual, and he isn't even carrying a bunch of extra weight strapped to his abdomen!! he he.

I hope everyone out there had a very good and safe Christmas. I know we did. This year it was our turn to go to my side of the family. I love Christmas with Eric's family too. We have very similar traditions. The thing I will say is that my family tends to take far fewer pictures, thus far fewer embarrassing pictures of me eating or talking with a stupid expression on my face. LOL!! And believe me! I don't want my picture taken right now. But, all joking aside, I do love each and every holiday with the In-Laws, they are always special to me.

We spend Christmas Eve dinner at my sister, Lori's, house with her family. Her husband Tom, three daughters, Tierra 17, Jeanie 16, and Kaila 9. I'm very close with all my sisters, all 4 of them. And I have a total of 13 nieces and nephews!! So we had a wonderful dinner of prime rib, and all the trimmings. It was delicious, but alas I cannot eat very much and even though I tried to go lite when dishing up my meal I ended up with half of it left...which Eric promptly noticed and took over. :)

Then we went back to my Mom's house and spent the night there with my Mom, Dad, and sister Jackie. Jackie is my oldest sister. She went and got her daughter from Seattle where she lives with her dad. So my niece Sydney came over on Christmas morning and opened all her gifts and went out to find her girlfriends in the neighborhood to play. They Eric and I went back up to my sister, Lori's place and stayed the night there. It was fun and we even enjoyed a White Christmas, but no accumulation. The snow melted right away, but it was fun to watch!!

We got back home yesterday evening. The dogs went with us if you are wondering. Foenix got to play with Lori's 7 month old Rotti girl, Zoey. Zoey is a nice pup, but needs lots of training. Lori's husband, Tom is considering sending Zoey to my house for a couple weeks of training. The thing is I'm not sure how much good that would do as it's really training the owners and not the dog that counts. Zoey is smart and typical of a Rotti- somewhat sensitive, but likes to be in charge. Zoey has the best "selective hearing" I've ever seen on such a young dog. But really she's a pumpkin of a baby and very sweet. For what training she has she does well with.

Foenix usually overwhelms other dogs with his energy level, so I was careful of how he and Zoey played. Once Zoey found out that he was a good wrestler she was very happy to rough house with him and they had an awesome time. I think Zoey is the first dog that Foenix has ever played so fair with and had such a good time. I'm glad to see he has a compatible play partner now....and I have to honest when I say I was also happy that he tired himself out with her so I didn't have to do it. Lately I just don't have the stamina to keep him occupied and exercised properly. But we do the best we can and he gets regular training.

I could write more but I'm too tired and need to get some housework done.

No comments: