Monday, November 19, 2007

Ok so not a Mom Yet...but only 2 1/2 months to go.

I guess I'll introduce myself and my life. My name is Jamie, I am married to Eric, we have been married for (almost) 5 years (in March). We are a Christian family. I am a dog trainer, have my own business and we own our home on 2.5 acres in Western Washington State.

Several months ago I found out I was pregnant. The shock was to be when I did my ultrasound I was not 2 months along, or even three months along...I was a full 18 weeks or 4 1/2 months pregnant! Awww yes, ignorance is bliss! A little side note here: I was always one of these women who thought other women who did not know RIGHT AWAY that they were pregnant were either really dumb or really clueless. OK, so I am neither and will never judge other women this way again. Funny how God has a way of letting you know you are too judgemental. Ha! :)

This was a 'surprise' pregnancy to us. I was on the pill, though not great about taking them due to some acid reflux problems. Which, as it turns out, acid reflux can cover up 'morning sickness' really, really well. I chalked it all up to reflux. What about all the other pregnancy symptoms? Tiredness: yup!, Cranky: yup!, Missed periods: only for month three and four. So maybe I had some good excuses for not knowing.

Eric and I have wanted kids since before we met. Within a few weeks of dating we had already talked about marriage and kids. We met in the winter of 2002 and started dating in Mid February. Within two weeks of dating we both knew we were going to be married, though we did not want to pressure the other so we took another two weeks to discuss that. In short we did everything pretty quickly: met, fell deeply in love, deeply in friendship, and were engaged six months into our relationship. We were married seven months later.

I wanted kids right away to an extent. Eric did not. Bummer for me, right? No, not really. After a couple years and starting our dog training business I realized I did not really want kids that soon--I wanted something to do, aka: a Project. I'm glad we waited.

How ironic that only one month before we found out we were expecting Eric and I were talking and we had decided that it was time to plan a family. We were going to go to Mexico for our Honey Moon that we never got and there we were going to start. Ha ha, the joke was on us, as I was already well into my first trimester. :D

Now I'm seven months along as of tomorrow.

We have three dogs. An 18 1/2 year old Rat Terrier X Basenji, Buddy. A 6 year old Papillon, Zeke, and a 12 month old Working Line German Shepherd, Foenix. Zeke is my Obedience demo dog, Foenix is too as well as being my French Ringsport prospect. We've been training in French Ring for a few months. More on this later.

My dog training business revolves around pet training with an emphasis on behavior. I work with many dogs with behavior issues from aggression and fear to no manners. More on this later too.

No comments: