Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Is Pregnancy fun?

Well is it? Sometimes it is and sometimes it's not...at all...fun. I enjoy the experience, especially since its my first time. I enjoy other people being happy for us and for themselves, I enjoy feeling her movement (some of it anyway). But the truth is, at least for me, it's not a bowl of cherries. I was told I would feel like this. And really I don't think I hate if like some women have described to me. But I am not one of those women who will tell you they enjoyed every last minute of all of their pregnancies. I am not complaining here, just giving my honest observations. I am very blessed with this child and Eric knows that too.

A few things that I don't like: I don't like not being able to tie my own shoes without grunting involuntarily. I don't like that I cannot eat a regular sized meal, especially dinner, without feeling miserable for the next three hours. I don't like that I feel thirsty all the time and that I can't drink a large glass of water to relieve the thirst, a full glass of water gives me heartburn. I don't like that I will get heartburn from not eating as well as eating. I dont like it when Hannah grinds head or hands or ?? into my pelvis and catches my organs between her bony head and my bony hip. I don't like her new favorite position where her feet are jammed up underneath both sides of my ribs and no matter how I move she will not remove them until she is ready.

Ok maybe I am complaining a little and I shouldn't be. But being pregnant really, truly alters you body and it's not always pleasant. But all in all, still not as bad as I've heard it could be. For most of my day I am doing fine, cumbersome, but otherwise I can move pretty well. I don't waddle, LOL, at least I don't waddle!! It's just after a lot of activity or later in the evening I get really uncomfortable. I'm having braxton hicks so often I don't even notice them most of the time. I am getting used to the feeling.

I still have 5 weeks to go, give or take two weeks. So she could be here as early as February 1st or as late as February 22-- but at least no later as my OB-GYN does not let you go more than 1 week past your due date. :) I think I will be very ready for her to be here by the time I go thru this for more than a couple more weeks.

Warning: if you don't want intimate details about pregnancy dont read the next paragraph!!

Here is my favorite (NOT!! read this dripping with sarcasm) new thing I'm supposed to be doing in preparation for my daughter. I am supposed to be, drum roll please!, Toughening My Nipples to prepare them for breastfeeding!! Whooo HOOO, boy is this fun! How is this done you ask? My Dr. casually told me last week that I am to be using a rough washcloth and rubbing them in the shower, then she told me I was supposed to "pull on them". What?? Come again Doctor? Ewwww gross..and ouch painful. I already have an issue with the colostrum leaking from me once a day, I find it very disturbing. But now I have to abuse that area as well? Ok if you say so..... So I started today in the shower, got my washcloth and did the deed, twice because it I found it was not as bad as I thought it would be. So after my second go-round with the washcloth I was done with the shower, got out, toweled off and was doing my normal after shower routine. All of the sudden my boobs started to ache sharply from the nipples to my shoulders. Shooting pains too. I was not happy. I think I over did it a bit. After about 10 minutes it started to die down to a dull ache and I was able to get my bra on. This lasted a total of about 30 minutes. Lesson learned, don't do more than you have to with this!! If the first time you try it and you find it's not as bad as you thought, don't try and speed up the process by doing more-- you will pay for it!! LOL, haha.

Thus concludes the graphic portion of my post...

I am happy to report that my dog boarding is really picking up, we really need the money right now. Today two dogs went home just in time for two new dogs to come in. The new dogs are nice and I like them, but they are pretty stressed from being here. Poor doggies, I feel bad that they are stressed, but they will get over it and relax. Training of Foenix didn't happen today due to snow, and also truth be told, because I didn't feel like doing it. It's getting really hard to keep up with him now.

Tonight my good friend Jen came to give Eric some relief from his Sciatica. Jen is an LMP and just move closer to us so she came and gave Eric a free therapy message. In turn I gave her gas money and made us a nice dinner. I really enjoyed having Jen over and catching up with her. I also liked that she told Eric the do's and don'ts of healing from this, most of which I've been telling him all along--but it's better coming from her. Jen will come over again on Thursday and do another message, I hope this gets my poor Hubby better faster. Thanks a bunch Jen!!

That's all for now....

No comments: