Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Heartburn Makes Me Blog..or Barf

It's been a few days since I felt like blogging.  I have to be "in the mood" in order to feel effective.  I'm not really in the mood now.  No, rather I am killing time because I have seriously bad heartburn and know that laying down will only make it worse.

So here I sit.  I do not really have an update of much use on me trying to conceive (TTC).  I have now been on the Metformin for six days.  I have only had three days of digestive upset (aka: diarrhea) and those weren't as bad as I had remembered it being. Though, I almost want to slap my own hand for typing that because I suspect that I don't remember much of being on this dose and the horrors of the increased dosage will be made clear tomorrow when I take two in one day.  Lovely.  I have not decided if I am going to take both at once or space them 12 hours apart.  Last time I spaced them, I see no need in doing that again really, so I will be my own guinea pig.  I'll surely let you all know how it goes.

I have no pregnancy symptoms. I am only 3 days past ovulation.  I am considering Sunday to be the O day, because I got the positive OPK on Saturday morning.  This is, of course, just an educated guess.  I am really tired the last two days and sick to my stomach.  But I know that it is just the Metformin.  I can take a test really any day after tomorrow.  Seems early doesn't it?  Why, yes you are right.  My secret?  I have 5 pregnancy tests that can detect as little as 10 something-somethings (I cannot remember the until of measurement in this right now) in your pee as opposed to the 25+ something-somethings that the regular pregnancy test can read.  They measure the units of HCG or Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (human grown hormone) in the urine, anything above a measure of 5 is considered pregnant. However to get an accurate test below 10 can only be done by a blood check.  So I guess what I am trying to say is these tests are the next best thing to a blood draw. 

Long story short is I can test earlier than the 10-14 day wait.  But, and this is a big "but" -- I don't think I will test as early as they say I can.  This is because I want to know for sure, not just take a test and go in denial about the results... because that happens nearly every month.... And I am sick of it.  I want to know the first test I take. But, lets be real here.  I will take a minimum of two tests.  I accept that.  I'd just like to, for once, just wait for my period without peeing on a stick the day before, day of, and day after.  Besides, I cannot seem to aim at all and I always get my hand wet.  LOL Just kidding.  No, I USED to always get my hand wet. Now?  I pee in a cup.  Ha ha!  Now I only get the cup all wet.  Don't laugh now, it is a step in the right direction....really.

No comments: